Pictoplasma is the world’s leading and largest Conference and Festival of contemporary character culture is to be held 10-14 May, 2017 in Berlin with a dense program of inspiring artist presentations, conference lectures, animation screenings, workshops, installations, exhibitions and group shows, performances and of course, loads of character! Over the past decade, the annual Pictoplasma Conference and Festival in Berlin has had the honour of welcoming an ever-growing lineup of over 160+ outstanding visual creators and innovators. Additional on-tour editions regularly take place in NYC, Paris, Madrid or Argentina, further establishing the Conference as the world’s leading meeting point for an international scene of artists, illustrators, designers and theorists… Select one of the 160 + designers that has spoken at the Pictoplasma Conferences at http://conference.pictoplasma.com/past-speakers/ OR select a character from either publication Pictoplasma or Pictoplasma 2 both available in the Kingscliff TAFE library. Choose one of their characters and in your own words describe how and why their character design is so successful. Discuss this in terms of the design elements. eg line, shape, colour, texture, tone, scale, contrast, pattern, etc.
What you need to do:
- Select one of the characters designs, make sure you don’t double up with the other students in the group
- Write about the key points of the Character design (500+ words). Discuss this in terms of the design elements e.g. line, shape, colour, texture, tone, scale, contrast, pattern, etc.
- Source min 6 images related to the post
- Acknowledge the sources of info at the end of the post
- Tick the Categories&Tags Category “Character Design” before publishing
- Prepare a short (2-3 min) presentation about your post
- Note the post is due on the 1st of March 2017, presentation is due next session
- Post min two comments (100+ words) on this posts from min two students from your group