“Graphic design will save the world right after rock and roll does.”
Over seventy years ago, 23 year old designer, Alex Steinweiss convinced Columbia’s suits to create the first true album cover. Until then, 78s were sold in generic brown paper sleeves.
Below are a list of contributing designers who have made the album cover the art form it is today. Please select one.
Peter Max Peter Blake Jamie Hewlett, Alex Trochut, Andy Warhol, Tom Tomorrow, Ron English, Leif Podhajsky, Tom Walker, Jamie Reid, Storm Thorgerson, Stanley Donwood, Giger, Malcolm Garrett, Alex Grey, Roger Dean, Airside, Hort, Sanna-Annukka, Idris Khan, Jonathan Zawada, Debaser, Peter Saville, Stefan Sagmeister, David Carson, Frank Kozic, Vaughan Oliver, Hypnosis, Shepard Fairey, Mark Ryden
What you need to do:
- Select one the designers from the post
- Make a post of 300 words about the selected designer discussing the relevancy and the impact the works they produced.
- Source min 6 images related to the post.
- Acknowledge the sources of info at the end of the post with active links.
- Tick the Categories & Tags Category “Music Graphics” before publishing
- Prepare a short (2-3 min) presentation about your post
- Note the post is due on the 15th of May 2017, with a presentation to be scheduled soon after
- Post min two comments (100+ words) on this posts from min two students from your group