the ability to be maintained at a certain rate or level.“the sustainability of economic growth”
avoidance of the depletion of natural resources in order to maintain an ecological balance.“the pursuit of global environmental sustainability”
- Paper and printing:
- Make it chlorine free: Totally Chlorine Free bleaching (TCF) or Process Chlorine Free bleaching (PCF)
- Use recycled paper to try to pick paper with highest percentage of recycled content available that suits your business needs
- make it thinner: does it have to be on thick heavy-duty card, or can you get away with a lower GSM and still deliver a quality product?
- request VOC-free inks:
- go digital and use an alternative to printing where possible as this will drastically reduce the environmental impacts of your product
- ask your printer what they are doing to reduce their environmental impacts. A good printer should be reducing waste.
- Tell them to your clients and encourage them to include the information on their product
- always offer your clients an option that has been designed to reduce impacts.
- do more with less: be Smart in downsizing – go for originality more than size, be it an old school self folding envelope or business cards half the size
- double check sizes of printing minimise excess waste
- fill the white up: by reducing the amount of white space in a document you can reduce the amount of paper needed to produce it
- recycle recycle recycle
- don’t bleed to the edges: by simply leaving a white border around your design you can reduce ink waste and allow for more paper to be recycled.